THIRD-PARTY FUNDRAISING FAQ’S
Although we encourage third party events, all such events benefiting Guide Dogs of Texas must be approved in advance. This is an important safeguard to preserve the integrity of Guide Dogs of Texas and our commitment to raising funds efficiently and ethically.
Examples of a third party fundraiser include:
- “Donations at the Door” house parties
- Birthday or anniversary parties where attendees make a donation in lieu of a gift
- Casual dress days at work
- Golf tournaments, 5K runs, Bike-A-Thons, etc.
- Garage sales, bake sales or book sales
Guide Dogs of Texas has limited personnel to assist with third party fundraisers.
We will be happy to provide the following:
- Brochures and fact sheets
- Limited marketing and publicity
- If available, attendance from a Guide Dogs of Texas representative
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer:
- Assistance with organizational and administrative tasks, such as taking event reservations
- Underwriting of related costs
- Volunteer recruitment
- Event management